www.flickr.com

Tom Greenthumb Gardening

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Learn About Herb Gardening Recipes

Years ago, when I first set out to learn about herb gardening, I really didn't know where to go for help. I was probably around the age of nine or ten. The internet was not around. I spent most of my time in the garden. Pulling weeds was the tough part. Growing herbs, flowers, and vegetables was the payoff. We lived by a nice lady who was a wonderful cook. Her recipes were fantastic. One day I asked her to show me how to make one of my favorite dips. She was patient and let me make the complete recipe. As follows,


Dill Cucumber Dip


  • 2 1/2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt

  • 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped

  • 1 tablespoon coarsely-ground salt

  • 1 quarter lemon wedge squeezed for the juice, no seeds

  • 3 tablespoons dill

  • 3/4 cup sour cream

  • 1 garlic clove, finely diced

  • 1 teaspoon olive oil


To Prepare: Combine ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Is that easy or what? It's easy to learn about gardening recipes when you end up with a dip as good as this. It makes it extra tasty, like the dip recipe, if you have grown your own fresh herbs and added them to your garden recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home