www.flickr.com

Tom Greenthumb Gardening

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Herb Gardening Pot - Liven Up Your Patio

Why not try an herb gardening pot if you're limited on space for that next gardening project? Herbs are easily planted in small places. My daughter decided on stackable pots in her apartment. A real space saver. An excellent way to liven up your patio, balcony, or windowsill, is by planting herbs in a pot.

You can probably find a great looking gardening herb pot at your local Home and Garden store or nursery. If you're looking for some ideas on how to use these pots, I found the book, Colorful Container Gardens: Vibrant Schemes for Pots and Plantershad a number of ideas. It's not specifically for herb gardening. For that, I highly recommend, Your Backyard Herb Garden. A reference for growing herbs, I refer to it quite frequently. These books used in combination will earn you that green thumb in no time if you don't already have one.

I recently picked up a bright orange herb gardening pot for my patio. I'm into bright colors. I should probably live in southern Florida where not only flower pots, but houses have an array of colorful schemes.

You can grow your herb garden just about anywhere. Try planting in an herb gardening pot. Add not only the natural colors of your plants, but a contrasting or complementary decor to your patio or front porch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home